Project Child Find
Child Find - link to NCDPI EC Division Child Find page
What is Project Child Find?
An effort coordinated by your local school system and the Exceptional Children Division, State Department of Public Instruction, to:
- Locate and identify children and youth ages birth through 21 with disabilities who are in need of special education and related services.
- Inform parents and/or guardians of the services available from their local school system and other state and community agencies.
Who Are the Children?
Children and youth who have been diagnosed or are suspected to have intellectual, physical, or emotional disabilities and are unable to benefit from a regular school program without special assistance.
What Help is Available
- A complete evaluation and, if appropriate,
- An Individalized Education Program for children with a disability beginning at age three,
- An Individual Family Service Plan for each child with a disability birth through 2, or
- A referral to other agencies when needed.
For further information regarding Child Find or if you suspect your student may have a disability and need special education and/or related services, please contact:
Gray Stone Day School
Director of Student Services